So I was thinking about a few things the other day. I wanted to know some other peoples thoughts on the subject. If you think you are going through a trial and it has been going on far too long, what is the purpose? I know people go through trials but sometimes I'm not sure the purpose of them and why they last so long? Any ideas on that would be good.
The other thoughts were, if I can explain in a way to understand, what is the purpose of some of the people that come and go in your lives. Friends, that aren't friends anymore, people that you have a connection with but don't know why, and why sometimes out of the middle of nowhere do you suddenly have a dream about someone you haven't thought of for a while or seen for ever. (I haven't had any of these recently, but was just thinking) If this makes sense and you have any ideas share with me.
Oh and the next thing, Zion... where is it? Is it a certain place or can it be in your home or can it be an attitude so that wherever you go, you can take it with you??? I know that your comments might be long on these questions, but that's o.k. I just want to know what you guys think.
Oh, and this picture is of a house that I love, I saw it while in the city and thought I would share it,I have always wanted to live in a castle, and figured this is one way I could do it!!






5 comments:
About trials- the Lord will never put anything before you that He knows you are not strong enough to handle. It's a test. Hang onto your faith. No idea about Zion, Jamie. LOL You're thinkin' too much for me there. ;-)
Like you, I've been thinking about the friends in my life that have come and gone. I have a friend from college that I thought I would keep in touch with for the rest of my life, and I never hear from her anymore. A few bumps in the relationship, and it seems like it has ended. It causes me some frustration, but I also realize that some people are only meant to be in our lives for a season or two, we learn from them what we are supposed to, and then we move on. My only hope for these relationships, is that I make a positive impact on them, and leave a positive influence, so that when they think of me, they think of me fondly.
I find a lot of comfort knowing that I have a few lifelong friendships (including you!) that feel like they'll pass the test of time and will only enrich my life.
About trials. Yeah, I'll agree that the length of some trials given to us seem to make us bitter and wondering 'why?', but it seems also that after that long period of time, whatever the reward is for 'waiting it out' will be a lot sweeter.
Hi, I just saw your comment on Regan's page. I thought I would come see your site because I know how much I love when people look at my site : ). I think sometimes God give us trials and they go on way longer than we think they should. I think it might be because we haven't learned the lesson He wants us to learn yet. Have a happy Sunday. PS I LOVE THE CASTLE : )!
As for trials, I think sometimes when they last a long time it is more about attitude and enduring than the specific trial? That makes it even harder sometimes.
As for friends, that is so weird that you bring this up because this happened to me last night. I had a dream with an old friend in it and then when I was looking for something for my YW lesson I found a picture of them in a box. Weird. Maybe it is just that they touched our hearts and so that is our brains way of letting us know that they changed our lives? I really have no clue.
And last, but not least Zion. i think both of your answers are right. It is a place we will gather someday, somewhere in Missouri I believe. But, I also think you can have Zion in your home.
nice thought provokers! Deep!
Any progress on getting your castle yet? : ) I wish I lived near you and Regan because I think you would be fun friends to have...AND I would love to visit your castle.
Post a Comment