Monday, January 5

Things I've learned accomplished or been blessed with!!!

So I have been on strike with writing New Year's resolutions because I have a habit of getting through a day or a month or a year and thinking, YES< FINALLY..... it's over. And I forget to remember the things I've learned or been blessed with! So I am going to post some things!

1. My oldest daughter chose to be baptized! That was awesome! And to see her growing up every day is both rewarding and sad. Time goes by way to fast!
2. One you already know, I learned to play chess!
3. My family grew, was healthy, mostly happy, and still as crazy as ever!
4. I've learned that when your child is in pain, your heart hurts, literally, and you would do anything to take their pain away! (I already knew it, but when more of your children get hurt it reaffirms it!) I don't know how my parents did it, especially with my brother Jacob, I can't imagine the hurt they felt when he had his accident!
5. I've learned the importance of Visiting teaching! I genuinely love the ladies that I visit teach and my visiting teaching partner! It's amazing the blessings that come from this simple calling!
6. I got a copyright on two of my poems! I know, people argue that copyrighting is not neccessary, but it was awesome to get a certificate saying they are!!!
7. I sang at my grandpa's funeral (and I didn't cry during the song!) GOOOO JAIME!
8. Since I mentioned #7 I'll add to it...... I dressed a dead body! Yes is was my grandpa's, weird, but I did it!
9. I accomplished a few of my list of 100 things to do in my life! I'll expound on that later, since my sister-in-law had hers on her blog, I thought it would be a fun idea!
10.I got caught up on my laundry a few times this past year!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
11. The value of a true friend, and how they can make life bearable!
12. I have been blessed in so many ways, I don't know that I could name all of the ways, but Every time I wake up and have the privilege of a new day I'm blessed. Each time my children come up to me for no reason and hug me or give me a kiss, when I cook dinner and don't burn it, when my husband comes home to the family after a long day of work, when we get to spend time with family, when we get to laugh.... hard with family or friends, when forgiveness is given, when I have a good lesson in church, when my children teach me something new, when Dave and I get to spend quality time together, when my car stays clean for days, when I pretend the money that I need is there and somehow it is, when I learn something new, when I remember the Savior in everything that I do and realize that he is the reason we are here and he loved us more than anything, these are the times that I feel the most blessed and I have felt blessed a lot this past year!!!! I'm ready for a new one!!!! I'll post some things I hope for this coming year on my next post!



post signature

No comments: