Wednesday, December 17

Reasons why???

I hate it when it has been a while since I have blogged, but here are the reasons why????
Saturday December 6th: My grandpa passed away (my mom's dad)

Sunday December 7th: Get together with the family

Monday December 8th: Mom and I went to Salt Lake to get flowers for the funeral.

Tuesday December 9th: Went to Tabiona to help with casket spray and flowers, and just to be with my mom (she was feeling lonely and sad)

Wednesday December 10th: Went to mortuary to help dress my grandpa! Then went for a late breakfast (a different feeling after dressing a dead person) But I have to give it to my aunt Brenda for stepping up (with my mom) and doing it, I'm not sure she has ever been to a funeral, ever... or atleast a viewing, she doesn't believe in funerals, but this was her dad, and she did great even though it was hard for her!

Thursday December 11th: Finishing odds and ends, practicing singing (someone roped me into singing at the funeral, got together with the family again!

Friday December 12th: Got up, got all the kids ready went to the viewing and the funeral! Went to the graveside in Myton.....yes, Myton (what a hole! no punn intended!) Went back and ate at the church! Got together at Uncle Rod's house for our traditional family Christmas party, that wasn't traditional this year. Some of the family felt like we shouldn't be celebrating since grandpa just died! So we honored their wishes! I think grandpa was disappointed though, he wouldn't have wanted us to do that!

Saturday December 13th: Emotionally drained, but had to drive to mom and dad's.... Jacob was out from Texas and I wanted to spend as much time with him as we could. Stayed over at mom and dads

Sunday December 14th: Went to church with my mom and dad, because my dad was put in as the first counselor in the bishopric in his ward. Crazy. I thought he had his turn, but looks like they need him again!!! He is an amazing man, and I am grateful for his strength and support. The new bishop put it nicely..... My dad is a "ROCK". And he is! Later that night, we went to family night at my cousins!

Monday December 15th: AHHHHHHHH.... relaxed and read my scriptures for almost two hours in bed (after I got the kids to school) Cleaned the house etc. etc. etc.

Yesterday was a regular day, and today it's back to normal. I am exhausted. I don't even care about Christmas right now!!! BAHHHH HUMMMMMM BUGGGGGG!!!!!

Long post, but thought I would explain my last week and a half!
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





post signature

1 comment:

Cindy said...

hope all is well with you and your family. I really was sad I could't make it to the funeral Jocelyn was really sick with a bad cough and Christian was really sick with a cough took him to the doctor and he had croup. Have a very merry christmas. love ya lots