Thursday, February 19

Study!!!

I haven't been posting much lately! I am just sooooooooo far from being in the mood to do it right now, and I'm not sure why. Maybe, it's just been a long winter and I wish really bad that I lived somewhere warm, just for a while!
So I have been studying my scriptures..... Yes, I do that! Don't be so shocked!!!! I am actually in 3rd Nephi but before, I was reading all about the Nephites and Lamanites and all their wars and wickedness and righteousness, (going back and forth) I have to admit that I was entirely soaking it up!!! I have read the book of mormon a number of times all the way through, but it is so true that different things really stand out to you in certain times. It really made me look at the government today, there is a lot of similarities, it's amazing!!! Now I am in 3rd Nephi, and Christ has just returned (after being crucified) Can you imagine what an experience that would have been! I am so excited for the deep and profound love I have for my Savior and the scriptures! It's amazing what reading and studying can really do for your spirit!
Anyway.... there is a point to my post other than my love for the Savior and his teachings and that is, in your scripture study lately, has there been anything that stands out more for you now then in other times? Just curious! I'm soaking up anything, or if you have learned something new from church, ensign, etc.!!! Share with me!!!!!!


post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are in Alma 5 right now and it talks a lot about pride, mocking and humility. Every verse is like a prick telling me to be better. It makes me think of when I watch American idol and make fun of all the people auditioning. I suppose I should not mock. :) Thanks for sharing!
I also recently read about mothers for personal progress.(I am doing it to help keep my YW motivated). Read Alma 56:45-48 and 57:21. They are awesome verses!!!

Monaca said...

:) Good for you :D

CJ and I have been doing so much better at our Family prayer and scripture study, we just have that "feeling" and are trying so hard to teach our little ones about our Savior. I just feel things getting worse and the world changing right before our eyes, so... back to the basics :D
Read, pray, study.

(PS... I still can't read your entire post because your POP player blacks out most of your post.)

Cindy said...

yes definitely in this economic crisis I have made more of an effort to study to see if I can get some answers. And it has said things to me. Thank goodness we have the gospel so even during hard times we can know we have someone up there wathcing over us and sooner or later things will work out.

Anonymous said...

We don't have Nephi in our bible. I wonder why that is. I am sad to say I don't know many of the differences in our religions. I do know that studying the Bible is always good. I haven't seen you in a while. When I saw your comment at Regan's about the Whoo hooo title I had to come over and say hi : ).