Thursday, May 13

Love....

O.k. I'm sure some of you have seen the story on the news about the little boy that was beaten, tortured, killed by his mom and her boyfriend. I haven't had a chance to actually sit down and think about this (till now). And to be honest, I haven't wanted to. It makes me sick inside, and I really get emotional over someone so small and innocent being treated in such a horrific way, and losing their life because of the pain and injury suffered by someone else's hand. This makes me cry! He was 4. I have a 4 year old little girl, and my heart hurts to think of anything like that happening to her. oh, this is so sad.

I will admit, I am not the perfect mother, and I don't always know how to deal with children sometimes, and I find myself getting angry often, I have spanked my children in the past, but I haven't ever found myself to actually get to the point of breaking. Sometimes I wonder, if it would make them listen better, but I obviously know that it wouldn't, that's why it has never been done. I understand that people deal with things differently and not everyone has patience. So tell me, why do you guys think things like this happen and what do you think makes them get to that point and continue instead of handing them off to a neighbor or something before you do something unforgivable, and is there anything anyone can to do to help prevent something like this from happening?????

I love my kids. And if I need to have more to bring them to a happy loving home, then I will. (No, I'm not pregnant, but if I were I would be grateful!!!) Children deserve better, and if I and my husband and children can provide a place for "something better" then send them my way!!!!!! I know I can't save the whole world, but I can start... one child at a time!!!!post signature



1 comment:

Julie said...

I don't know why things like this happen, but they make me physically ill. It is difficult to think that some mother's son or daughter is evil enough to commit this type of act. It isn't fair for any child to live in fear or to not feel safe in their own home environment. I'm with you..if I can save a child, I would sacrifice to do so.