Tuesday, November 9

Very very late update!!! Lake Powell

This summer Dave and I had decided that we were going to take a real family vacation and go somewhere. We still hadn't decide where to go when we got a phone call from my parents. My aunt and uncle had called to see if we all wanted to go to Lake Powell with them. They had been planning to go with friends and the friends cancelled at the last minute so they called us. My first thought was..... They must be going through some sort of mid-life crisis to invite Dave and I and all of our little rugrats, who does something like that...... sober??? hahaha (they are very active church members so I knew they WERE sober.) So I am just going to come to my own conclusion and just say "they think we are the best family ever, we are so fun, and our kids are so well mannered that they new they could count on us for some good time adventure!!" Either way, whatever possessed them to invite us.... we are sooooooooo soooooooo thankful that they did! We hadn't decided what to do for a family vacation yet, so it was perfect. (and if by chance Aunt Brenda.. you read this, I have a thank you letter tucked safely in my day planner that I have yet to send. I keep forgetting to get your address! But it is there, and will reach you sometime! Because we are so grateful for being allowed to spend time with you guys!!!) So, to begin here are some fun pictures!

Of course we had to stop Here.... the Hollow Mountain, my kids thought this was pretty cool!!
Here are some of my kids on Uncle Matts boat! Dave and I bought a boat this summer and thought that it was great.. having never owned a boat in our married life before, but when we got to Lake Powell with it, we were quickly informed by our children that our boat was NOT awesome... because Uncle Matts was sooooo much better! Well...... ??? I do NOT have a good debate for that one! hahaha! So the whole time they wanted Uncle Matt's boat and not ours... sorry Uncle Matt!!! But thank you so much for being patient and helping teach my 3 oldest kids to wake board..... they LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! All in all, it was a great time, not to mention that the first night our family was under a shade on the beach to sleep, and the wind came up and took our shade away in the middle of the night (didn't get pictures because unfortunately I don't sleep with my camera), so we ended up having to kick Uncle Matt out of his bed so our whole family could move into the houseboat! i felt pretty bad about that! We had a couple good storms come through but the houseboat survived and so did our little 1979 James Bond boat... haha

It rained so bad that our boat was full of water, luckily Jared (my brother) was willing to go help Dave bucket out all the water! I even caught the water being thrown out! What a fun memory! :)


They loved the boat... and had a great time with their cousin!!!

It doesn't look like it in this picture, but the baby loved the water! Luckily we had alot of adults to help out and take turns. She loved going in the water with her grandpa! It was actually a little more difficult with this little one, she wasn't quite a year old, but she has NO FEAR of water, this made it a bit hard to have to constantly be watching her!
Wake boarding was fun!! My three oldest loved it!!! They all got up right away.. the problem was staying up, in fact my little boy got up his first try, I think they all stayed up just long enough for me to snap a picture! haha, but they begged us to buy a wake board! We will see!!! :) It was also great for Dave to be able to help them... he hasn't really done much boating in his lifetime, but it was great he was there holding his kids their first time trying out the wakeboard. They love their dad!!
I have a ton more pictures but I have probably posted enough to give you the general picture!! We had so much fun and can't begin to tell how much we appreciated being invited!!! Thanks again guys and we love you and had a blast!!!! I think this is a trip my kids will remember all their lives!! SUCH FUN MEMORIES!!!!

1 comment:

Tonia Z said...

YAY!!! It's about time to see some new updates and pictures. I'm not officiating this year, so no trips out your way. Let me know if you make it into the big city.