Monday, July 7

Broken Again.....With Dr.'s Supervision

Briella had to go back to the hospital first thing this morning and get her nose rebroken (closed nasal reduction in medical terms).
It was about a five minute procedure that took 2.5 hours. With anesthesia, procedure, recovery, and waiting for her to wake up. The Dr. said he hasn't seen a break like this in a child this small. It was the right side of her nose that was crooked and that is because the bone was broken into 3 pieces. He said this is an injury he would expect to see from a major car accident. I told everyone it would have been a home run, looks like I was right. I guess we know where Jennasea's career should take her!!!
Anyway, she's good, a little sore, but has a great attitude!

Getting her oxygen checked before putting her out!


Coloring!! They hand out a cute coloring book that tells kids about the surgery!

Ready to go!!!! Surgery, here she comes. She left and the lady across from us (who's boy was having the same thing done) said "Wow, she's not scared a bit!!!" She was right, She is definately a tough little girl!

Back, rebroken, and on the road to healing....barring any punches or kicks from siblings!!

Her little cast that has to stay on for a week. We'll see how that works out!


Ready to go home!!! What a trooper! Sometimes I think it's harder on the mother then the child. I hate to see my children hurting! Good job Baby, you were so TOUGH!!!!


post signature

3 comments:

Ragan said...

Oh, poor thing! I'm glad she's such a trooper. Hopefully the next time I come out your kids will all be bruise and broken-bone free and we can do pictures. Maybe in Aug. Tim's family reunion is around the 15th and I MIGHT try to head back to my parents for a little while.

The Rook Family said...

Awwww! Poor lil' sweetie! Good job on being so tough, Briella! I'm sorry you got your nose broken, honey. Jennasea's got a good swing though, eh? Put her on MY team!! lol ;-)

a said...

OH Man that is just crazy!!!! Poor little girl, good thing see has that tough barneck blood in her. (c: