
I have come to the conclusion that I am bad at managing time, unorganized, and in a complete disaster. I don't know how to get out of it, and I have no idea where to even start. When I think about it I get sick! I know living in a house while remodeling can take a toll on someone and it can make it hard to keep the house up, but this is getting really old. Does anyone want to buy one of my houses, then the problem would be solved. I could be in a home that is finished or have the money to finish the one I'm in. I don't care anymore. Is that a bad sign? A sign of not much motivation, or depression. I don't want to do it anymore! I quit! My kids keep telling me I can't quit being a mother and a wife, but right now a lack of responsiblity sounds really appealing.
I just want to curl up in a nice relaxing, clean area with a calm breeze blowing a hint of lavender through the room, while I am indulging in a great book listening to yanni and eating cheddar jack cheez-its all night long in my underwear with a sheet around my bottom (i feel more secure with something wrapped around my bum if I'm in my underwear, not that you needed to know, but I feel better having explained myself???)
Hey, look at that, just the thought of it cheered me up! Maybe since I'm happier I better go organize............OR NOT!!!!





3 comments:
We should leave all the kids home with Tim and Dave and go on a cruise! Yes, I think so.
Seriously though, check out Flylady.com. I got all into it last year, which is silly since everyone knows that I'm obsessive-compulsive about cleaning my house, but it was actually kind of fun ("fun" coming from an obsessive-compulsive cleaner) and I got some good ideas. But it's not all about cleaning, it's about getting your whole life in order. They even have ideas for how to get your kids involved. It's all about routine and scheduling, but YOU don't have to do the scheduling, they'll tell you what to do every day. Just take what you like and leave what you don't. And GO SHINE YOUR KITCHEN SINK! (Do you have a kitchen sink?)
I started to feel that OVERWHELMING feeling a little while ago. I was teaching Preschool 5 days a week, Pregnant, Sick, PTA secretary, Chorister in Primary, and a Full time mom (which is a HUGE job just by itself!) I finally took 10 steps back, and had to see what was REALLY important in my life. PTA? Not really, Holding a calling? Yes, but not while being nauseated... etc...
CJ had me tell the parents it was my last year of teaching preschool, I withdrew from PTA, I was released from my calling, and NOW I have time to spend time with my kids, and actually have time to clean my house. It hadn't been really cleaned in two years due to teaching. I feel SOOO much better and feel much more relaxed, and feel like a better mom too.
Don't get me wrong. There is still SOOOOOO much to do around the house, but I don't feel that OVERWHELMING feeling that it'll NEVER get done. I just take one day at a time.
(OH, and it is nice to get away by yourself with out kids, even for only a day or two... CJ will take the kids to his mom's in California for the weekend, and I have the WHOLE house to myself, I miss them like crazy, but feel SOOOOO much better when they get back. And my house is immaculate the whole weekend! No kids to mess up what I had just done. Of course a cruise would be better than cleaning the house, but you get the picture)
I didn't want to comment because I have felt exactly like you do..more particularly right after my dad's death. So, you might not want me to tell you that you are experiencing a little touch of depression over your friend's death. It seems like even the smallest tasks can overwhelm us and make it seem like we can't function. The silver lining, though, is that it gets better. So, for now, who cares about a dirty house, etc...enjoy your blessings, especially those beautiful children. :)
Post a Comment