Saturday, July 12

Going home!

We had a good friend pass away 2 weeks ago. With having an autopsy done and a memorial in New Jersey, it took a while for them to get his body here. The funeral was today. I haven't had many people close to me die, this was probably the worst I have ever cried at a funeral!! He was such a great friend. When I found out he died I wrote a poem and shared it with the family. I went to the funeral today with every intention of being TOUGH, as I was in the line for the viewing my dad picked up the program, scanned through it and handed it over to me. I looked at the front and turned to the back and was completely caught off guard, on the back of the program was the poem I had written. I had NO IDEA they were even going to use it (good thing I had already gotten a copyright)! My dad hadn't seen it so when I started bawling he looked at me and I handed him the program back, then he started crying and passed it to my mom and yep, you guessed it, she started crying too. It was a very humbling experience for me, and everyone of the family members thanked me and said I was an answer to many prayers and that it fit perfectly for Teryn. I couldn't get my composure back the whole time! But they say a good cry is great for the spirit. I feel emotionally spent tonight, but feel great that I didn't let fear get in the way of sharing my talent! It was a hard day, but also a good day. I loved Teryn and feel like my poem being put on the back of the program was his way of saying "Thank you" for writing this for me(if that makes sense) I can't say that I felt him there with me when I wrote it, but I was definately inspired and maybe he was there, I was just to tired to notice (I wrote it at 1:00 in the morning).
I will definately miss him, it will sure be fun to see him again!
Here is the program. You have to click on it to get a bigger picture!!!





post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing poem. you are truly talented - not only as a writer but one who connects with others and touches lives. I am glad that we know each other.

Ragan said...

That is an AMAZING poem Jaime! I'm so sorry for the circumstances in which you had to write it, but I think you need to "share your talent" a little more often.

Jaime said...

Thanks guys!!!

The Rook Family said...

That poem was beautiful, Jamie. What a beautiful sentiment. BIG HUGS to ya for the sadness of a friend passing away.