Monday, May 12
Blaaaahhhhh!!!!!
I hate cleaning out refridgerators! It has been soooooo long since I cleaned mine out last. I know, it's horrible. I don't have any outdated food by any means, it's just the little spills my kids make and little pieces of food that are dropped behind things, etc. What a pain! Any ideas or little tricks you have learned to make this job easier!!! No wonder I haven't done it for so long, I really do not like doing it! But it is clean and sparkling, and now we can REALLY see how empty it truly is!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
So, this is probably not what you want to hear, but this works for me (as long as I do it!). Clean it out every week the day before you go grocery shopping. If you do it every week a quick wipe down and putting things back where they belong is all it takes. Also, if you do it just before you go grocery shopping, it's ready for you to put everything away where it belongs. My problem is that I need a bigger fridge to fit all of my groceries.
I have a reminder scheduled into my handheld to clean my refrigerator once a month on Friday. I don't have a lot of extra little hands making messes, though, so you might want to remind yourself to do it biweekly. I organize my fridge so the top shelf has a lazy susan on it with all the extra condiments that don't fit in the door shelves, i.e., margarine tub, jam, jars of salsa, sour cream, etc..
The second shelf in my fridge is dedicated to leftovers so I don't overlook them, or so they won't get shoved to the dark regions of the fridge; I also store leftovers in see-through containers so I know what is in them. I also store my eggs in this shelf.
I've also heard of a product that you can put on your that creates a nonstick finish that is stand- and soil-resistant. It is a cream called Clean Shield.
Thanks for the advice guys! So basically I need to be more organized and manage my time better, like you two do!!! I'm working on it, it's a never ending process!!!!
Post a Comment