Saturday, October 4

Change

So I have been thinking..... it has been slightly over a year since my parents decided to GO work on their new home (an hour away from me) one weekend, and never came back! Although they have a new beautiful home on the river I have truly missed them. These are the things I have missed!

1. My kids waking up and being able to walk out our front door and go right to grandma and grandpas (indecently exposed....or not)
2. Jumping in the car with my mom to run to town.
3. Jumping in the car with my dad to go take pictures or do an appraisal
4. When my mom and dad need to go somewhere... being able to have my sisters stay with me!
5. When Dave is at work and I'm bored and just need someone to talk to, being able to be on my mom and dad's bed within 60 seconds! I miss laying on their bed with them and watching t.v. or just talking (this was a nightly ritual for me in highschool)
6. Losing my children and not worrying because I know they are safe... at my parents house
7. Being able to leave my kids home or let some of them still sleep if the others have missed the bus or I need to run to town, because mom and dad were next door and one or the other would always come check on them!
8. Waking up and being able to look out my window and see if my parents are home or at any time of the day for that matter!
9. My dad calling me....everytime...he had to stop at the grocery store to see if I need milk or not?
10. The home I grew up in!
11.Watching my dad on sunday afternoons or each night ride on his four wheeler to check HIS trees and having my kids run out the door to jump on... with him!
12.When Dave is gone (out of town or working late) knowing that I'm still o.k. because my dad is right by me. (I feel safer having a man around)
13. Hearing a sound outside and going out to see that my dad decided to bring his backhoe over and "do something" in my yard.
14. Riding 4-wheelers anytime I want on my parents 40+ acres!
15. Watching the sunsets with my husband and my mom and dad sitting on our porch or vice versa.
16. Waking up Christmas morning to my parents and the twins and grandma H. waiting for us in our family room to be able to watch my kids open their presents and then walking over to their house to do the same!
17. Going to mom's for dinner when I don't want to cook! (and if I was out of an ingredient or didn't have the right cooking utensil, guess who had it...my mom!)
18. Spur of the moment shopping trips to Salt Lake with my mom, and we could do that because dad was always there to watch my kids or get the other kids off the bus!
19. Having my sisters come over anytime to help me...babysit, clean or just hang out!
20. Being able to do my sisters hair anytime they had a special occasion, (my mom can cut hair... but let's face it... she just isn't as good as me at styling!!!)
21. Watching my kids run down the drive way because grandma or grandpa just got home! (they do this with me and dave too, it makes being a parent fun!)

22. And last....Just having them there....so close....

Even though, they are soooooo happy and absolutely love their new little town....and it's been a good year, It's also been very hard. I have really missed having them so close. But I have realized that change comes....on any given day, whether it is easy or hard, it is always change, and even though we may not always want it, I have to give it credit.... we become stronger for it (most the time) and almost always learn from it, and once things have changed.... they most likely are never the same, but we move on and continue right? Because what else can we do, but accept that life is a never-ending journey and around each bend is guess who??? CHANGE....just waiting for us!!! So we may as well not run from it, but embrace it and hope that we will be able to SEE what the Lord sees, and KNOW that everything is going to be o.k. BECAUSE IT IS!!!!!


post signature

4 comments:

twinbratz said...

i miss you to jamie ecspecally the time were yu could always do our hair and when we were ever bord we could just run over and get your kids to come over and hang with us

a said...

You're right the most consistent thing in our lives is change. It seems like everytime we get comfortable and feel like we are doing good. Our lives get a little shake or two. But, everytime I look back on it, it always seems to have been for the best and prepares me for the next time. I knew that would be hard on you when they moved out there, they were such a huge part of your everyday life. Sorry we don't live closer too.

a said...

WOW, I think you and President Monson were on the same wavelength, did you hear his talk about change?

Jaime said...

Yes, crazy huh, I'm going to blog about it right now!!!