Thursday, October 30

Will things ever get better?

O.k..... so everyday I wake up thinking....."This is the day.....that something is going to turn....and things are going to get better, it's bound to happen right?" I have a good attitude everyday, well almost!! I keep thinking, o.k this week one of my houses will sell, I'll be able to be more financially secure, we'll have money to finish the home we're in, I finally got stuff for countertops (after 9 months without them, if I can get it done this weekend it will only be 9 months) so what happens???
A little over 2 weeks ago, I had to go into our pantry closet, which houses along with the food....our hot water heater! I noticed there was a little water on the floor and I thought "Oh, the kids probably spilled something here" so I cleaned it up, and went about my business. So a couple days later I went back and I grabbed a box of food storage off the floor and the bottom of it was pretty wet, so then I thought, "o.k. that is odd, that my kids would spill something in this tiny closet...TWICE. Yes, low and behold, my hot water heater had been leaking, for how long do you ask? Well when we pulled it out to see, the whole bottom of the hot water heater just broke off. I guess after 28 years they begin to rust.....REALLY BAD!!! So we had to go get a new hot water heater....plus new subfloor....plus new flooring, plus.....new plumbing parts because.....you guessed it, when we went to turn the water off with the valves on the wall next to the hot water heater, they broke!!! Luckily it didn't squirt everywhere just started leaking badly, so Dave ran to the pump house to turn off the water to the whole house (which can be bad, when people have to poop and you can't flush it for who knows how many hours the project will last.) So things went well considering, it only took us into the night on friday night and all day saturday and we had hot water by 11:30 at night (Which made it so I had no children ready for church the next day....so I didn't go) Project complete.
Since I had gotten some marble tile for my countertops before this whole incident I was anxious to start laying it, but didn't have the right materials to be able to do it, so the other day we got the stuff we needed to be able to start and finish this project, and it was going well... until last night, when Shally came in and told me..."Mom....you know the bathroom dad takes a shower in?" Of course I know.... "Well, when I just went in to go to the bathroom, there was a towel on the floor with a couple clothes and they are soaking wet....So I looked around and saw that behind the toilet was really wet, and I saw water coming out of the toilet." "Oh, and mom......the floor where the toilet is.....is really high now!"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Yep, my toilet has been leaking and the floor in that bathroom is now ruined and has to be replaced.....I went in that bathroom on Monday to clean it, and the clothes and towels on the floor were pretty wet, which in a home with no children.....may seem out of the ordinary, but it's normal here, Kids play in water and get things really wet all the time....right? Well, I thought I was right.... I cleaned it up, swept the floor, cleaned the bathroom and left, and no I hadn't been back in that bathroom (it's not used as much as the others)until last night when I got the bad news. So it has been leaking badly for atleast 4 days, and I'm sure a small leak has been going on for quite some time (judging by the looks of the subfloor, popping up). Atleast we can just get a new part for the toilet for now and put the flooring project on a back burner until my countertops are done.
But this is my question......WILL IT EVER GET BETTER???? Or am I doomed to a life of torment and leaky plumbing???? (That sounded funny didn't it...not my plumbing, my houses plumbing)
Anyway, I guess I feel like you guys can feel sorry for me today. In a little while I won't want you to, but for the moment that you are reading this, you can think,
"oh poor Jaime, she definately needs help (in more ways then one)" and "if I had a million dollars, I'd just buy both of her houses for her, so she can build one again like she wants to!" Really you guys would? So which one is the millionaire???? You can come to my house today at three, I'll be waiting for the check!!!!

Oh, and I would have posted pictures with my camera, but....I'll let you guess......WOW, You're good....how did you know it was BROKEN!!!!!

post signature

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sorry that you've had so many problems with your house(s). Also, that you haven't been able to sell one of your houses like you'd like too.
I do hope that things turn around for you soon!
We've also had some water leaking problems recently, so I can totally relate.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry! We know how much flooding sucks. Hopefully you have passed all the suckies and the goodies are on their way!

Ragan said...

Hey, I'm here! Doesn't that make it better?

You didn't tell me you had a leak in the bathroom too. When it rains it pours, huh?

Tim offered to come and help but Dave told him he wasn't allowed in your house!

Anonymous said...

I am praying about your plumbing issues right this second! I can't imagine how frustrating that is. I can't wait to see Halloween pictures. I know your babies are cute!